Lots of reminders and tidbits this weekend. So, fasten your seat belt!
Let’s start with the Just The Guys Concert on Monday, October 15! That’s this Monday! Don’t miss it! Doors will open for the audience at 6:45 p.m. The show is short and sweet, and FREE!
Reminders for our guys:
- Come dressed for the show in your black pants, white dress shirt, dark shoes and socks. Wear a t-shirt over your white shirt so that you don’t get pizza all over it!!
- Be dropped off around 5:20 p.m. at NHS (not the middle school!!). Go in Door 15 which is located in the back of the high school in the pool parking lot. We will BEGIN rehearsal promptly at 5 p.m. Don’t be late!
- The show should last about 30 minutes.
Now, some SwingFry information.
- Dinner/Show Ticket Orders are due by Oct. 23rd. If you don’t get your tickets now, you will have to wait in long lines on show day.
- We received a request from the Bake Sale Committee: Many of you have volunteered to contribute to the bake sale, but we need more of you to do so. If you haven’t sent in your bake sale slip yet, you can download one off of this website by going to the Parent tab on this page. They asked us to pass this on….”We DON’T need any more cookies, brownies, muffins, or sweet breads. However, we DO need a lot more pies, sheet cakes, cakes, candies, and regular home made breads. Parents remember you can ask grandparents, neighbors, etc. to donate homemade or store bought baked items in these areas, any help would be so appreciated.
- SWINGFRY CONFLICT FORMS ARE DUE: Friday, October 19th. If your choir student is unable to attend the graded Dress Rehearsal / Performance please check the Choir Handbook for the options they have to make up the grade. The conflict form needs to be submitted to us by the 19th in order to receive a make up assignment for missing the rehearsal/show. Conflict Forms can be found in the choir room, or under the Parent Tab on this page.
This week in choir….
- The kids are reallllllly starting to put their parts together. We are starting to hear some pretty great sound from them. They are getting excited for SwingFry and so are we!
- We took a test on note values, tie and slur articulations, solfege, and counting rhythms. The scores look great!
CHOIR BEASTS FOR THIS WEEK WERE AMAZZZZZZING!!
6th grade: Nevaeh Adkins, Grant Garman, Rhiannon (Bri) Cass
7th grade: Jimena Figueroa, Kailey Riegsecker, Jacob Sheridan
8th grade: Ariana Bartley, Jaelyn Allen, Josh Straw
Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Mrs. Armington and Mr.Norwood
2 thoughts on “Friday Wrap Up!”
Hello Mrs. Armington, I would like to clarify what time the 6th graders are suppose to be there tonight. I saw your email this morning about the performance starting at 7:30, which isn’t a problem for me. But….your email say’s top be “DROPPED off at 5:20pm”. Then it says “We will BEGIN REHEARSAL promptly at 5pm.” I am assuming one of those times is wrong….are they suppose to be there at 4:20pm maybe?? Or are they starting rehearsal at 6pm maybe??? I can make either drop off time work, I just want to make sure I get Braxton there on time. Please let me know!! Thank you!! Have a great day and a large coffee!! You will make it!! Thank you,Shellie Nagy
Rehearsal begins at 5:30. Drop off after 5:00. 5:20 would be ideal to give them time to settle in the auditorium. Thanks for the encouragement. 🙂