I apologize profusely for this last minute time change. All of my advertising has stated that the concert begins at 7:00. But the high school advertising stated 7:30 p.m. as the start time and I never caught it. So, the drop off timer remains the same with rehearsal beginning at 5:30 p.m. But the concert doors will not open until 7:10. The show will begin at 7:30 p.m. I am so sorry for any disruption this has caused you and your family!!
Lots of reminders and tidbits this weekend. So, fasten your seat belt!
Let’s start with the Just The Guys Concert on Monday, October 15! That’s this Monday! Don’t miss it! Doors will open for the audience at 6:45 p.m. The show is short and sweet, and FREE!
Reminders for our guys:
- Come dressed for the show in your black pants, white dress shirt, dark shoes and socks. Wear a t-shirt over your white shirt so that you don’t get pizza all over it!!
- Be dropped off around 5:20 p.m. at NHS (not the middle school!!). Go in Door 15 which is located in the back of the high school in the pool parking lot. We will BEGIN rehearsal promptly at 5 p.m. Don’t be late!
- The show should last about 30 minutes.
Now, some SwingFry information.
- Dinner/Show Ticket Orders are due by Oct. 23rd. If you don’t get your tickets now, you will have to wait in long lines on show day.
- We received a request from the Bake Sale Committee: Many of you have volunteered to contribute to the bake sale, but we need more of you to do so. If you haven’t sent in your bake sale slip yet, you can download one off of this website by going to the Parent tab on this page. They asked us to pass this on….”We DON’T need any more cookies, brownies, muffins, or sweet breads. However, we DO need a lot more pies, sheet cakes, cakes, candies, and regular home made breads. Parents remember you can ask grandparents, neighbors, etc. to donate homemade or store bought baked items in these areas, any help would be so appreciated.
- SWINGFRY CONFLICT FORMS ARE DUE: Friday, October 19th. If your choir student is unable to attend the graded Dress Rehearsal / Performance please check the Choir Handbook for the options they have to make up the grade. The conflict form needs to be submitted to us by the 19th in order to receive a make up assignment for missing the rehearsal/show. Conflict Forms can be found in the choir room, or under the Parent Tab on this page.
This week in choir….
- The kids are reallllllly starting to put their parts together. We are starting to hear some pretty great sound from them. They are getting excited for SwingFry and so are we!
- We took a test on note values, tie and slur articulations, solfege, and counting rhythms. The scores look great!
CHOIR BEASTS FOR THIS WEEK WERE AMAZZZZZZING!!
6th grade: Nevaeh Adkins, Grant Garman, Rhiannon (Bri) Cass
7th grade: Jimena Figueroa, Kailey Riegsecker, Jacob Sheridan
8th grade: Ariana Bartley, Jaelyn Allen, Josh Straw
Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Mrs. Armington and Mr.Norwood
Ohhhhh are you going to be impressed! Each choir is finding it’s “voice” . When kids get comfortable with their parts they really start to sing out. That is what is happening right now. Like Marshmallows warming up to the flame! They will be good, hot, and gooey when they hit the stage. (O.k. the gooey part might not be a good idea, but you get the point!) Here is a quick glimpse into this morning’s rehearsal with our 1st period girls.
Reminders for next week:
- Have you signed up for your SwingFry Position yet parents? We need at least from each family to serve at this big shindig. Go to nmschoir.org and click the signup genius tab to secure your spot and time.
- 6th grader Choir Beasts will be going to a Rollerskating “Glow In”, Tuesday next week (October 2). Please drop off your kids at Eby’s at 6 and pick them up at 7:30 p.m. Students must have turned in their parent permission slip and $4 by Monday. Copies can be found under parent forms on the choir website.
JUST THE GUY Concert NEWS! The JTG Concert for our all of our young men will take place a week from Monday (October 15) at 7:00 p.m. This is a mandatory performance for boys only. (Girls who attend to cheer on their guys will receive a Green Freebie Pass). All boys should be dropped off to door 15 at Northridge High School by 5:30 p.m. Door 15 is found on the back side of the high school in the pool/performing arts parking lot closest to US20. We will rehearse in the auditorium with the high school men, have pizza together, and then start the show at 7:00 p.m. This is a shorter concert, and it should be over by 7:45 p.m. Boys should come dressed in their concert attire. They should wear black pants, black socks, black shoes (tennis shoes are o.k. if that is all that they have). They should wear a long sleeved button down white dress shirt. (see pic below) They will be given a tie to wear when they arrive.
Enjoy your crispy weekend everyone! Mrs. Armington/Mr. Norwood
Here are the amazing Choir Beasts for this week!
6th: Roselynn Gutierrez, Abbigail Lomax, Carsyn Zentz
7th: Christian Florea, Natalie Lane, Lily Unrein
8th: Cassidy Miller, Jadeyn Stouder, Austin Taylor
Our Beasts were really burning through the music this week! The Period 1 7th grade Ladies literally gave me chills today. (In a good way!!) We also had our first combined practice for the Just The Guys Concert yesterday afternoon. About 120 young men piled into the choir room and we put their parts together for the first time. I wish you could have seen their eyes as they began to hear each other. Their eyes just popped and such huge smile came to their faces as they heard how strong their voices were. That is one of my favorite parts of my job. Seeing the pleasure run across a child’s face when they realize that their hard work is really paying off! (Deep sigh!)
The kids had their second test this nine weeks. Many students did wonderfully. If your child’s score isn’t satisfactory, we have asked them to come for help during RaFt next week and then retake the test. Would you please encourage your child to take advantage of the help we offer? Many do not. (Deep sigh!)
A few reminders for all of you:
a. Don’t forget to turn in your SwingFry Forms, and sign up for your volunteer slots as soon as you can. The sooner you take care of that, the more choices you will have for the prime time slots, and positions available.
b. 6th grade parents, don’t forget that your child will need a “Glow In” Skating party slip and $4 to turn in sometime next week. We will begin selling our cool Glow accessories next Wednesday. Items include light up rings, bracelets, necklaces, wristbands, and some pretty spiffy glow in the dark fedoras. Everything will cost .25-$1.00
AND NOW…….DRUM ROLL PLEASE…………….
THE TOP CHOIR BEASTS FOR THIS WEEK ARE…….
6th Grade Harleigh Pillow, Halle Ganger, Cayden Smith
7th Grade Melanie Stillwell, Nick Beaver, Haley Miller
8th Grade Nora Spudich , Heather McBride, Nicholas Miller
Fantastic work from all of you kids!! Thanks for being leaders in your choir!