You should be receiving an All-Call phone message tonight reminding you that our first performance of the year, the Just the Guys concert is coming up in less than a month! Here are a few more tidbits of information so that you can have everything planned for the big day!
*******Just FYI, the goal of this concert is to show our young men what they have to look forward to in the Northridge Middle School and Northridge High School Choral Programs. This small show builds camaraderie and self esteem for our guys by blending the two age groups together. Each year that we have done this, our young men have grown stronger and more confident singing immediately.
- Just the Guys Concert will be Friday, October 11th at 7:00 p.m., in the high school auditorium. It is free and open to the public. Doors will open at 6:45 for the audience.
- NMS Choir Ladies are encouraged to attend and support their choir “bros”, however it is not a mandatory performance for them.
- NMS Choir Men should be dropped off in the NHS Pool/Performing Arts Parking Lot at Door 15. They should be there no later than 5:30 p.m. Rehearsal will begin promptly on stage at that time.
- Each young man should come dressed in his Concert Attire: Black Pants, Black Socks, Black Shoes, White long sleeved button down dress shirt. The shirt must have a collar to place a tie under. *We do have a few “hand-me-downs” donated from last year. Let us know if you need help with pants or shoes.
- Dinner will be provided for the boys.
- This is a short concert. We expect it to conclude around 8pm.
- This is a mandatory performance for the men in this course.
- Any conflict forms for excused scheduling conflicts (weddings, performances, etc.) are due by this Friday, September 20th.
Thanks for your help to make this a special night for our students!
Each week we select kids that stand out among their peers as “Top Choir Beasts” in their Choir Class. We look for kids that are totally engaged with what is happening in class. They are on the edge of their seats, singing their hearts out, helping those around them, listening, and asking or answering questions each day. Here are the “Top Beasts” for weeks 1 and 2. What a great start to the year!
6th Grade: Madison Denaway, Malachi Schalow, Ashley Coil, Noah Troyer, Precious Soipan, Lidea Shell.
7th Grade: Jacob Bache, Allison Enfield, Carmen Cochran, Cohen Faulkner, Emalee Straw, Madison Little.
8th Grade: Kennedy Troyer, Lauren Berger, Jovi Martin, Trinity Hudnall, Natalie Lane, Josh Miller.
Just a reminder that the $25 Choir Fee is due on Friday. Please make checks payable to NMS. Cash is accepted. Thanks!
As of today we have vocal tested each student and have assigned parts for each of our 6 choirs (Soprano, Alto, Baritone)! Each group is doing part singing already! Here is a glimpse of our Ladies 6th grade Chorus singing a fun round called “I Love The Mountains”. Enjoy!
We also held auditions for the Knight Light Show Choir. Interested 7th and 8th graders submitted a vocal recording, and danced in the choreography auditions on Thursday. Out of over 120 auditions, 35 students were selected. Here is the list of Knight Lights 2019-20 –> Knight Lights Cast List 2019_2020
🎶 Still a few open spots for Voice Lessons in Pd 1, 5, 6, 7 🤩 Lessons start this week! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot! ⭐
We offer voice lessons from Mrs. Mary Norwood during class time. There are a few slots left. First come first served! Get’em while you can!
Our handbook calendar had a few glitches so we’ve sent home a revised copy of the calendar today. We apologize, but I’m a red head, pair me with a blonde and you can expect these things to happen! 🙂 Here is the revised and corrected calendar within the NMS Handbook! –>NMS Choral Handbook 2019-2020
We have had a terrific start to the school year. On the first day we passed out the choir handbook and explained what slips needed to be returned. If you never received your copy, here is one just for you! Click here —> NMS Choral Handbook 2019-2020 The last six pages were “homework for parents”. The volunteer and choir commitment forms are due Friday, August 16th. The last 2 pages (Choir Fee form) won’t be due until August 30th. If you would please sign those pages, that would be very helpful to us.